Client Login


Chrysalis Assessment and Support Centre is based in the East Yorkshire coastal town of Bridlington.

Am I allowed to go out with my baby?

During the initial 2 weeks of your stay, you will be supervised closely. This will involve any time spent away from the centre to be accompanied by a member of staff.

How long will I be here?

Chrysalis Assessment and Support Centre offer a basic assessment package which will involve you remaining at the centre for a period of typically 12 weeks. However at your review meeting, it may be agreed with you and your Social Worker that this may be extended. If however you were found to be breaking centre rules, it may be decided that your assessment be terminated early and you be asked to leave.

Can I have visitors?

You may be allowed to invite people to visit you at the centre if it has been pre- arranged, and agreed by the Local Authority who are funding your placement.

Do I have to pay anything?

There is a washing machine available at a cost of £1 per wash or a laundrette close by should you prefer. You will be responsible for purchasing toiletries and food for yourself and your baby/child, along with any other expenditure outside of the centre. Other costs are optional, for example hiring of equipment, babysitting etc.

How will I know how I am progressing?

There will be a Interim, Mid-Point and Transitional Meeting throughout the 12 weeks of your stay which you will be involved in, along with weekly Linkwork Sessions through weeks 3-10 with you and your Link Worker.

What are the rules?

Please visit our Rules and Conditions page.

What do I need to bring?

  • Your Clothes: Bring enough clothes and shoes for yourself (Remember it can be very chilly, windy and wet on the coast, especially in the winter months).
  • Your Toiletries: Bring enough toiletries for yourself to last at least 2 weeks. After this time you will be able to buy more as these run out.
  • Your Personal 'Knick-knacks'

For more details, please read the parent handbook.

Can I visit other residents?

Parents cannot enter into other rooms between the hours of 9.00pm and 10.00am.

Who will look after my child when I go out?

A babysitting service is available at an additional cost and must be paid upfront.

What do I do if I am not happy with something?

We would very much like to hear what you think about our Centre, whether it is good or bad. We can only make sure our Centre is a helpful and supportive place for families, if you tell us which of the things we do are helpful to you, and which of the things we do would maybe better done a different way.

There are different ways that you could tell us:

  • Tell us at one of the residents meetings that we hold every week
  • Tell your Linkworker – they will bring it to the next staff meeting we have
  • Fill in one of the forms that are in your room and pop it in the red posting box by the front door at any time during your stay
  • Complete our evaluation form at the end of your stay

If either of these methods are used, we would be able to discuss it with you within 2 weeks from you telling us.

If you prefer not to tell us yourself, you can get someone else to do it for you:

  • Your Social Worker from your home Local Authority
  • Your Solicitor
  • Your Advocate
  • Your Children's Guardian
  • Tell OFSTED who inspect what we do on a regular basis. There contact details are:

Royal Exchange Building
St. Ann's Square
M2 7LA
Tel: 0300 1234 666

Useful Links

Contact us now for more information on our new competitive costs and fees!
Contact Us

Resident Feedback